SPN 2659/FMI 0
The code is typically an EGR flow target error (high flow).
Check as follows:
- Inspect the Delta P pressure tubes for damage or plugging.
- If damage or plugging is found, repair as necessary. Refer to “96.1.1 Verify Repairs” .
- If no damage is found, go to the next step.
- Inspect the EGR valve for physical damage (broken butterfly).
- If the EGR valve is damaged, replace the EGR valve. Refer to “96.1.1 Verify Repairs” .
- If no damage is found, replace the EGR Delta P Sensor. Refer to “96.1.1 Verify Repairs” .
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
ENGINE EXHAUST To avoid injury from inhaling engine exhaust, always operate the engine in a well-ventilated area. Engine exhaust is toxic.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes.