SPN 2791/FMI 5
This diagnostic condition is typically an open circuit fault.
Check as follows:
- Check for multiple codes.
- If 2791/5, 27/4, and 1073/4 are present, repair the open between pin 62 of the 120–pin MCM connector and EGR valve and front Jake Brake solenoid. Refer to “97.3.1 Verify Repairs” .
- If only 2791/5 is present, go to the next step.
- Disconnect the EGR valve.
- Disconnect the 120–pin MCM connector.
- Measure the resistance between pin 1 of the EGR valve harness connector and pin 61 of the 120–pin MCM connector.
- If the resistance is greater than 3 Ω, repair the open between pin 1 of the EGR valve harness connector and pin 61 of the 120–pin MCM connector. Refer to “97.3.1 Verify Repairs” .
- If the resistance is less than 3 Ω, replace the EGR valve. Refer to “97.3.1 Verify Repairs” .
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
ENGINE EXHAUST To avoid injury from inhaling engine exhaust, always operate the engine in a well-ventilated area. Engine exhaust is toxic.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes.