SPN 2797/FMI 3
This diagnosis is typically injector #1, 2, or 3 needle control valve circuit has a short to battery/power.
Check as follows:
- Disconnect the Front Injector Harness 14–pin connector.
- Turn the ignition ON (key ON, engine OFF).
- Measure the voltage between pin 1 on the MCM side of the Front Injector Harness 14–pin connector and ground.
- If there is voltage present, repair the short to power between pin 1 of the Front Injector Harness 14–pin connector and pin 25 of the 120–pin MCM connector. Refer to “98.1.1 Verify Repairs” .
- If there is no voltage present, replace the under valve cover injector harness. Refer to “98.1.1 Verify Repairs” .
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
ENGINE EXHAUST To avoid injury from inhaling engine exhaust, always operate the engine in a well-ventilated area. Engine exhaust is toxic.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes.