SPN 558/FMI 1
This fault is a typically incorrect wiring of the Idle Validation Switch (IVS).
Check as follows:
- Connect the diagnostic tool
- Turn ignition ON (key ON, engine OFF).
- Monitor IVS #1 and IVS #2 with the throttle pedal in the idle position.
- If IVS #1 reads OFF and IVS #2 reads ON, verify the proper wire pin outs.
- IVS #1 should be routed from Idle Validation Switch pin 5 to pin 6 of the CPC #1 connector.
- IVS #2 should be routed from Validation Switch pin 6 to pin 3 of the CPC #1 connector.
- If wiring checks OK, contact the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center (313–592–5800).