Troubleshooting PID 190
The following procedures will troubleshoot PID 190.
190 00 – Engine Speed High Fault
Perform the following steps to troubleshoot an engine speed high fault:
- Reset the PLD-MR and DDEC-VCU.
- If fault code 190 00 is not active after resetting the PLD-MR and DDEC-VCU, erase fault code memory.
- If fault code 190 00 is still active after resetting the PLD-MR and DDEC-VCU, go to step 2 .
- Check for additional active fault codes.
- If additional fault codes are active, refer to the active faults.Note: If this fault code is a historic code, engine overspeed is suspect.
- If only fault code 190 00 is active, contact Detroit Diesel Technical Service.