Perform the following steps to recalibrate improper injector setting:
Note: Injector calibration and bar codes may be absent from the load plates on first-run production DDEC III/IV injectors 5235575, 5235580, and 5235550. The correct calibration code for these units is “01”. Load plates on current DDEC III/IV injectors include the required calibration or bar code information.
- Scroll to select FUNCTION to return to the FUEL INJECTOR CAL menu on the DDR.
- Scroll to select FUEL INJECTOR CAL. Select UPDATE and press the ENTER key.
- Type the four-digit “Update Injector Calibration” password for the DDR and press the ENTER key. If this feature is not password protected, type “0000” and press the ENTER key.
- A message will appear telling you to use the scroll keys to select the cylinder (requiring changes) or select TYPE # (enter the numerical keys to change the CAL (calibration value).Note: An asterisk (*) will highlight the first cylinder number on the list.
- Scroll to the cylinder requiring change and type in the required two-digit injector calibration code number. Press the ENTER key.Note: The ENTER key must be pressed before the DDR will allow selection of another cylinder number.
- Repeat step , until all changes have been made.
- Scroll to select FUNCTION and press the ENTER key.
- Scroll to select YES and press the ENTER key to reprogram the ECM with the revised injector calibration codes.Note: Turning the ignition to the off position and waiting five seconds before starting the engine is not required.
- Disconnect the DDR; refer to OEM guidelines.
Verification of Repair for Improper Injector Setting
Perform the following steps to determine if the proper injector setting adjustment resolved the misfiring cylinder condition:
- Install the valve rocker cover(s)
- Start the engine.
- Run the engine at 1000 r/min.
- Listen for misfiring cylinder.
- If the engine is not misfiring, no further troubleshooting is required. Shut down the engine.
- If the engine is misfiring, shut down the engine. Check for improper valve clearance and injector height and damaged or worn camshaft lobes and rollers;