To determine if low cranking speed is causing starting difficulty, perform the following steps:
Install a tachometer to the engine and record engine revolution while cranking the engine; refer to OEM for guidelines.
- If the cranking speed is greater than 100 r/min, check the fuel supply valve;
- If the cranking speed is less than 100 r/min;
Low Cranking Speed Repair
Perform the following steps for low cranking speed repair:
- Drain the engine oil.
- Remove oil filter(s).
- Install new oil filter(s).
- Refill the lubrication system with new oil.
- Verify low cranking speed repair;
Test Engine with Replaced Oil
Perform the following steps to determine if the replaced oil resolved starting difficulty
Attempt to start and run the engine.
- If the engine starts and runs, no further troubleshooting is required. Shut down the engine.
- If the engine fails to start and run, check the fuel supply valve