To determine if an improper injector calibration setting is causing excessive white smoke,
perform the following:
1. Check for improper injector setting repair.
2. Verify injector setting repair; refer to section 10.4.1.
Test Engine with Corrected Injector Setting
Perform the following to determine if injector setting repair resolved excessive white smoke:
1. Start and run the engine.
2. Run the engine at idle with a no-load for approximately 5 minutes, allowing the engine
coolant to reach normal operating range.
3. Visually inspect exhaust for excessive white smoke.
[a] If the engine exhaust emission appears normal, no further troubleshooting is required.
Shut down the engine.
[b] If the engine exhaust emission is excessively white, shut down the engine. Check
for improper valve clearance or injector height, worn or damaged camshaft lobes
and rollers; refer to section 10.5.