This diagnosis is typically oil temperature circuit failed low‘.
Short to Ground Check
Check as follows:
1. Disconnect the EOT Sensor.
2. Disconnect the 120–pin connector at the MCM.
3. Measure the resistance across pins 1 and 2 of the EOT Sensor harness connector.
[a] If resistance is greater than 5 Ω, go to step 4.
[b] If resistance is less than 5 Ω, repair short to ground between pins 55 and 108 of the
120-pin MCM connector.refer to section 18.104.22.168.
4. Measure the resistance between pin 2 of the EOT Sensor harness connector and ground.
[a] If resistance is greater than 5 Ω, repeat steps 3 through 4. If the results are the same,
call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center (313–592–5800).
[b] If resistance is less than 5 Ω, repair the short circuit between pin 2 of the EOT Sensor
harness connector and ground. Refer to section 22.214.171.124.
Verify repairs as follows:
1. Turn ignition OFF.
2. Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
3. Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
4. Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
5. Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps
illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel
Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.