93.1 SPN 2791/FMI 3
This diagnostic condition is typically a short to power fault.
93.1.1 Short Circuit Check
Check as follows:
1. Disconnect the EGR valve connector.
2. Turn the ignition ON (key On, engine OFF).
3. Measure the voltage between pin 1 of the EGR valve connector and ground.
[a] If the voltage is greater than 11.5 volts, repair the short to power between pin 1 of the
EGR valve connector and pin 61 of the 120–pin MCM connector. Refer to section
[b] If the voltage is less than 11.5 volts, replace the EGR valve.
184.108.40.206 Verify Repairs
Verify repairs as follows:
1. Turn ignition OFF.
2. Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
3. Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
4. Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
5. Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps
illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel
Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.