93.2 SPN 2791/FMI 4
This diagnosis is typically short to ground.
93.2.1 Check for Short
Check as follows:
1. Disconnect EGR valve connector.
2. Disconnect 120–pin MCM connector.
3. Measure the resistance between pin 1 of the EGR valve connector and ground.
[a] If the resistance is less than 5 Ω, repair the short circuit between pin 1 of the EGR
valve connector and ground. Refer to section 22.214.171.124.
[b] If the resistance is greater than 5 Ω, replace the EGR valve.
126.96.36.199 Verify Repairs
Verify repairs as follows:
1. Turn ignition OFF.
2. Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
3. Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
4. Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
5. Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps
illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel
Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.