The typical diagnosis for this fault is the intake manifold pressure failed high.
111.2.1 Air Intake System Check
Check as follows:
1. Inspect entire air intake system for leaks and/or restrictions.
[a] If air intake system leaks and/or restrictions are found, repair as necessary.
Refer to section 220.127.116.11.
[b] If no air intake system leaks and/or restrictions are found, go to step 2.
2. Connect DDDL 7.0.
3. Turn the ignition ON (key ON, engine OFF).
4. Perform the Turbo Actuator Hysteresis test.
[a] If the test fails, refer to section 6.5 in the Series 60 Service Manual (6SE2007).
[b] If he test passed , go to step 5.
5. Disconnect the Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor.
6. Inspect the Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor connector for bent, spread or corroded pins.
[a] If damage is found, repair the connector as necessary. Refer to section 18.104.22.168.
[b] If no damage is found, replace the Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor. Refer to section
22.214.171.124 Verify Repairs
Verify repairs as follows:
1. Turn ignition OFF.
2. Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
3. Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
4. Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
5. Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps
illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel
Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.