This fault code indicates that there is a short to power.
Short to Power Check
Check as follows:
1. Turn the ignition OFF.
2. Disconnect the fan control solenoid connector.
3. Turn the ignition ON (key On, engine OFF).
4. Measure the voltage between pin 1 of the fan control solenoid connector and ground.
[a] If the voltage is greater than 11.5 volts, repair the short to power between pin 1
of the fan control solenoid connector and pin 98 of the 120–pin MCM connector.
Refer to section 22.214.171.124.
[b] If the voltage is less than 11.5 volts, replace the fan control solenoid. Refer to section
Verify repairs as follows:
1. Turn ignition OFF.
2. Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
3. Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
4. Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
5. Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps
illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel
Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.