To determine if the fuel supply valve is causing starting difficulty, check that fuel supply valve
is open; refer to OEM guidelines.
1. Check that fuel supply valve.
2. Is the valve open?
[a] If the fuel supply valve is open, check the fuel filters; refer to section 4.8.
[b] If the fuel supply valve is closed, repair is necessary; refer to section 4.7.1.
Fuel Supply Valve Repair
Perform the following steps for fuel supply valve repair:
1. Open the closed valve; refer to the appropriate service manual, fuel system chapter.
2. Prime the fuel system; refer to the appropriate service manual, operation and verification
3. Verify fuel supply valve repair; refer to section 18.104.22.168.
Test Engine with Fuel Supply Valve Open
To determine if opening the fuel supply valve resolved starting difficulty, attempt to start and
run the engine.
1. If the engine starts and runs, no further troubleshooting is required. Shut down the engine.
2. If the engine fails to start and run, check the fuel filters; refer to section 4.8.