To determine if an obstructed or damaged breather is causing excessive crankcase pressure, perform the following:
Perform a crankcase pressure test.
If the engine crankcase pressure is less than 3 in. H 2 O (0.75 kPa), check the air compressor.
If the engine crankcase pressure is greater than 3 in. H 2 O (0.75 kPa), replace wire mesh element.
Rocker Cover Breather Resolution
Perform the following steps to replace wire mesh element replacement:
1. Remove the valve rocker cover(s);
2. Remove the wire mesh form the rocker cover;
3. Install a new wire mesh element to the rocker cover;
4. Install the rocker cover to the engine;
5. Verify replacement of wire mesh element;