Check as follows:
- Inspect the radiator, CAC and winter fronts for blockage. Remove if found.
- Test the radiator fan, fan drive, or fan shroud for proper operation or configuration; refer to OEM guidelines.Note: The engine will be torque limited to protect the turbocharger and charge air cooler. This is normal engine operation for component protection.
- Examine test results.
- If the radiator fan, fan drive, or fan shroud pass the leak test, check high altitude operation; refer to “10.9 High Altitude Operation” .
- If the radiator fan, drive or shroud did not operate correctly; remove and replace the radiator fan, drive and/or shroud; refer to OEM guidelines.
ENGINE EXHAUST To avoid injury from inhaling engine exhaust, always operate the engine in a well-ventilated area. Engine exhaust is toxic.
- Start and run the engine.
- Test drive the vehicle to ensure lack of power has been resolved.
- If no lack of power occurred during the test drive, no further troubleshooting is required. Shut down the engine.
- If lack of power occurred during the test drive, shut down the engine. Check high fuel temperature and high altitude operation; refer to “10.8 High Fuel Temperature Return” and section “10.9 High Altitude Operation” .