To determine if a discharged battery is causing the engine not to start, perform the following steps:
Measure and record the voltage at the battery terminals; refer to OEM guidelines.
1. If the voltage recorded is below OEM specifications and the engine failed to start, replacement is necessary;.
2. If the voltage recorded is at recommended OEM specifications and the engine failed to start, check the magnetic switch;
Discharged Battery Resolution
Perform the following steps for battery replacement:
1.Replace the battery; refer to OEM guidelines.
2. Verify replacement of the battery.
Test Engine with New Battery
Perform the following steps to determine if the new battery resolved the no start condition:
Attempt to start and run the engine.
1. If the engine starts and runs, no further troubleshooting is required. Shut down the engine.
2. If the engine fails to start or run, check the magnetic switch.