To determine if aerated fuel is causing starting difficulty, perform the following steps:
- Disconnect the fuel line return hose from the fitting located at the fuel tank; refer to OEM guidelines.
- Place the opened end of the fuel line into a suitable container.
- Start the engine.
- Run the engine at 1000 r/min.
- Visually check to see if air bubbles are rising to the surface of the fuel within the container.
- If air bubbles are present, repair is necessary.
- If air bubbles are not present, check for a restrictive air filter. Shut down the engine.
Aerated Fuel Resolution
Perform the following steps for aerated fuel resolution:
- Shut down engine.
- Tighten all fuel line connections between fuel tank and fuel pump; refer to OEM guidelines.
- Visually inspect all fuel lines between fuel tank and fuel pump for leaks.
- Replace damaged components as required; refer to OEM guidelines.
- Verify aerated fuel resolution.
Test Engine with Aerated Fuel Resolution
Perform the following steps to determine if aerated fuel resolution resolved starting difficulty:
Attempt to start and run the engine.
- If the engine starts and runs, no further troubleshooting is required. Shut down the engine.
- If the engine fails to start and run, check for a restrictive air filter;