SPN 2791/FMI 4
This diagnosis is typically short to ground.
Check as follows:
- Disconnect EGR valve connector.
- Disconnect 120–pin MCM connector.
- Measure the resistance between pin 1 of the EGR valve connector and ground.
- If the resistance is less than 5 Ω, repair the short circuit between pin 1 of the EGR valve connector and ground. Refer to “97.2.1 Verify Repairs” .
- If the resistance is greater than 5 Ω, replace the EGR valve.
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
ENGINE EXHAUST To avoid injury from inhaling engine exhaust, always operate the engine in a well-ventilated area. Engine exhaust is toxic.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes.