Drain the supply manifold oil rail before removing the fuel injectors to prevent leakage into the cylinder bore.
|The supply manifold oil rail must be drained prior to removing the fuel injectors to prevent leakage into the cylinder bore. |
Drain Supply Manifold
Drain the supply manifold as follows:
- Remove the supply manifold end plug from the supply manifold.
- Install a new O-ring and backup ring onto the end plug and install into the supply manifold. Torque plug.
Removal of Supply Manifold
Disconnect the supply manifold as follows:
- Loosen the nuts and disconnect the high pressure oil supply hose from the Injection Control Pressure (ICP) Sensor elbow and the high pressure pump.
- Disconnect the fuel supply line from the fuel filter header to the supply manifold.
- If it is necessary to remove the supply manifold, disconnect the fuel return line and remove the 12 mounting bolts securing the supply manifold to the cylinder head.
- Remove the supply manifold and gasket. Discard the gasket.
Disconnect the sensor as follows:
- Remove ICP sensor and O-ring from the front elbow of the supply manifold.
- Discard O-ring and replace.